“THERE MUST BE A BETTER WAY”
To access surgical locations without unduly damaging surrounding tissue. A less invasive means to perform critical procedures, so that collateral trauma can be minimized and postoperative recovery accelerated. VBAS IS A REVOLUTIONARY APPROACH IN BRAIN ACCESS AND RETRACTION A revolutionary approach in brain retraction.
Each VBAS system consists of an introducer and a stable working channel port that allows the surgeon a seamless entry to the targeted site while distributing brain tissue evenly in a 360° dispersion pattern.
Other VBAS benefits include superior binocular vision to see in and around the surgical site; multiple sizes in different widths and lengths to meet all surgical needs and compatibility with most surgical arms to avoid accidental displacement or movement during surgery.
Intraoperative photograph illustrating the simultaneous use of bipolar forceps and suction through the VBAS during tumor or hematoma removal. Why Choose the ViewSite Brain Access System?
- Minimize venous pressure in the brain
- Allows the surgeon to reach the site accurately
- Minimize damage to healthy tissue
- Integrate with leading IGS systems for target accuracy
- Allow easier positioning during surgery
- Assist in an overall shorter procedure, shorter post-op recovery and reduced hospital stay
- Allow for direct surgical visualization of all brain tissue
- Minimize the size of the craniotomy creating a less invasive procedure
The goal of safely accessing the surgical site and creating a clear and stable working channel to perform delicate procedures is what VBAS is all about. There is no pulling on the surgical site numerous times to see the selected area and no clutter of instrumentation during the procedure. The ample working channel allows for multiple instruments to be used simultaneously while providing an excellent depth of view of the site as well as the brain wall.
VBAS has modules and sizes to meet your exact requirements:
- Length (3 cm, 5cm or 7cm)
- Width (6 mm, 12 mm, 17mm, 21mm and 28 mm)
- The “funnel” shaped port becomes larger away from the distal tip.
- The hole in the Introducer is 2mm in width on all 12 sizes
- The 2mm hole was designed for use for dissection or suction if required.